Exams Services Assistant (CHI-574)
East Asia
Country / Territory
English & Exams
Job Category
Pay Band
Pay Band 4
Vacancy Description
Contract:2-years fixed-term | Salary: Pay Band 4| Location: Chongqing| Deadline for Applications: 15th Dec 2019(23.59 UK time)

Exams Services Assistant (CHI-574) 




China is one of British Council’s largest exams operations, delivering extensive international exams to individuals, institutions, schools and corporate clients in mainland China. By providing access to highly valued UK qualifications, with the reassurance of integrity, we build on the UK’s reputation for world-class educational standards. Core tests we administer include IELTS, Aptis, and a wide range of academic and professional qualifications (Distribution Exams stream). The Distribution Exams stream in China encompasses school exams, professional exams, and university exams and is a critical part of our exams business.





In this role, you will suppport pre-test and post-test administration tasks for both Computer-delivered IELTS test and paper-based tests. 80% of role will be to execute the administration work for Computer-delivered IETLS test  and the rest 20% is for that of Paper-based IELTS Post-test.

The position holder is expected to be mainly responsible for managing sorting and unpacking of confidential material in accordance with guidelines and standards set in IELTS Quality Compliance Assessment.

Start from an invigilator, you will also be trained to act as test day personnel for Computer-delivered IELTS test during weekedays with frequency of around once a week. 



You will have the chance to involve in the operation of IELTS test. Knowledge of international test can be absorbed and horizon can be widened through working under an international and friendly environment, which will be a good start for your career.

You will be entitled with 22 days annual leave package, flexible working hours and possible career development opportunities.



You can take pride in the fact that you will be part of a team that enables the British Council to meet its objectives and gives all our customers an exceptional experience. You will also be able to join regular professional development, training and skills programs to develop your experience and skills.





To qualify for the role, you will need to have:


1. English B2 (Aptis, IELTS6.5 or equivalent) ;Chinese C1 (HSK 5 or equivalent);

2.Bachelor degree

3. Experience of administration work that requires high sense of security and attention to details is preferable;

4. Strong sense of security and attention on details; Being responsible and high level of patience are required

Our work makes a lasting difference by building more inclusive societies and supporting people’s prospects.

Together, we can do more.





For more information please see Role profile and British Council Generic Behaviours 


Internal candidates only: please remember to include the full version of your most recent end-of-year-record of performance and confirm when the system prompts you to, that you have discussed the application with your line manager. 




The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body. We work to change lives by creating opportunities for people to learn and develop. We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Last year we reached over 75 million people directly and 758 million people overall including online, broadcasts and publications

Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognizing discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.


All staff worldwide is required to ensure their behavior is consistent with our policies.


The British Council is a full member of Keeping Children Safe (KCS) and has achieved level 1 child safe certification. We believe that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989 and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks including criminal record checks, in line with legal requirements.


While various measures have been put in place by the government to help curb pollution in China, there are still potential health issues associated with the poorer air quality. The British Council does its utmost to provide a working environment that minimises employees’ exposure to pollutants, however, anyone wishing to work in the cities of Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou or Chongqing should be aware of the situation.